Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The memory

I read the memory bit in Chapter 7 again. I have a few questions.

1. What was the signicance of Amir withdrawing his hand?
2. Why did a shadow pass the old man's face when he was touching Hassan's eyes?
3. Why did he return Hassan his money?

Here's my interpretation.

1. Amir withdrew his hand to foreshadow the fact that Amir was a coward. He could not face up to reality; to the truth; to the darkness in his life.

2. The old man could see the darkness which was going to befall on Hassan as he read his fortune.

3. He returned the money as he could not bear to tell Hassan the truth that he saw.

What do you guys think?

1 Comments:

Blogger SeaLs thought ...

Er... I think... I think... I think.... I think hor.........

You are right!

Hee... nice, Shaz!

1:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home