Sunday, July 30, 2006

subjectivity

This book clearly demonstrates the power of subjectivity - the manner in which each character is drawn to act, react and interact is based on their perception of the situation. The emotions become terribly clear as the chapters shift from one character to another.

I feel compelled to take sides as I read the thoughts, reflections and actions of each individual person. Initially, I was drawn towards Anna and her struggles but as the story shifts back to Sara and her anguish and pain that was felt in 1990, I can't help but to emphatise with the mother's distress.

At this point in the book - its hard to take sides. It really depends on who's making a stronger point, isn't it?

It all depends... I think I'll like to remain objective at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home